Meet the Leaders
One thing we have learnt as a church is that ministry is not meant to be carried alone, and because of this we place huge value on working in team. Leaders, staff and volunteers, we all operate in team. This allows us to draw on a bigger pool of strengths and wisdom when making decisions and also creates and environment of greater accountability.
Iain and Lara Kruger live in Claremont. After 8 years in the film industry, Iain moved onto staff at Common Ground, stepping into the role of congregational leader in March 2016. Lara heads up the maths department at Norman Henshilwood High School. They love people and want to see them grow and flourish in God’s plan for their lives.
- Andy and HildaAndy and Hilda love Cape Town, the outdoors, and good food. Andy works as a software engineer, and Hilda's a qualified social worker, currently focusing on staff development.
- Ian and TammyIan and Tammy met at Common Ground while both studying at UCT. Ian is a legal adviser in the technology law sector, and Tammy runs the human resources division of an education company. They love Cape Town and being part of what God is doing in the city.
- Kyle and AnneliKyle and Anneli met while studying at UCT. Kyle leads a media company, while Anneli divides her time between being a mom and working part-time. They both have a heart for seeing Cape Town's poor and marginalised uplifted through Common Good and the other initiatives in which they are involved.
- Richard and RenéRichard and René got married in 2014 and find their home in Pinelands. Richard is an energetic CA and lecturer in the College of Accounting at UCT, while René keeps the creative juices flowing as a graphic designer.
- Brett & AliBrett and Ali live in Rondebosch and have two little girls; Sienna and Taylor. Brett is the Financial Manager for Common Ground and Ali is a qualified Occupational Therapist who is currently a full time mom. They love people, music and travelling.
- Paul & LeePaul and Lee are parents to Patrick and Joanna. Lee taught Maths and History before becoming a full-time mom, whilst Paul lectures accounting and finance at UCT.