Meet the Leaders
We believe leaders work best when working in a team of individuals who can bring out the best in each other; relying upon each others strengths, gifting and wisdom. We also believe leadership teams should work off a base of great friendship; and so the InnerCity Green Point leadership team is made up of three eldership couples who have plenty of fun together, while taking seriously God’s call to give visionary and pastoral leadership to our congregation.
Paul & Lee-Ann Maughan lead the team of InnerCity leaders. Paul, who qualified as a Chartered Accountant, still lectures occasionally at the UCT Graduate School of Business. Lee-Ann works at Common Ground Church. Their family includes Patrick, Joanna and Sophia.
- Kyle & MichelleKyle & Michelle Peters got married in 2017 and have recently moved to town. They have recently joined the InnerCity Team and will be giving support to the Sea Point congregation. Kyle is from Zimbabwe and Michelle is a Capetonian. Kyle loves Star Wars and Michelle loves all things pretty!
- Craig & Joanne LeachCraig and Jo live in Sea Point, and this Zimbo/Capetonion combo have a special interest in Cape Town's incredible selection of restaurants. Craig is involved in Property and Jo is a medical doctor.
- Greg & Delia GroenmeyerGreg works full time in the marketplace as an IT Executive and an Executive coach. Delia is a counselor at Hope House Christian Counseling Centre. They served on the Eldership team at the Rondebosch congregation before joining the InnerCity congregation. Delia and Greg enjoy good coffee, good music and connecting with people.
- Drew & Polly MurphyDrew works full time as a copywriter at an ad agency, and Polly is a freelance project manager, mom and business owner. They live in Woodstock together with their baby girl, Elliot Bree and their two beloved doggos.
- Stephan PienaarSteph is involved in software development and lives in Green Point. He has a love for technology, good food, great coffee, craft beer and all things adventure. When he's not running around on the mountain you can find him in a coffee shop.