Meet the Leaders
Jesus said that if you want to lead others you’d have to have a humble servant-heart, and be willing to lay down your life to lift others up. We insist all of our leaders do just that. Our leadership teams are overseen by Rigby and Sue Wallace, with each congregation having it’s own team and congregation leader.
Rigby and Sue
Rigby and Sue Wallace have worked around the clock to raise up godly, competent leaders, so that they can now say “We don’t lead Common Ground; we lead the team that leads it.”
- Terran & Julie WilliamsJulie and Terran have been part of Common Ground for 20 years. They have planted two of our congregations, and now focus on city-wide roles. Terran preaches across the congregations, writes many of our resources and bible devotions and gives special focus to evangelism. Julie preaches and is behind our Common Stories and Common Resources initiatives. Together, they have 5 wonderful children.
- Ryan & Kate (Bosch AM)Ryan and Kate live in Pinelands and are parents to Nina, Eva and Oscar. Ryan is a passionate Stormers and Bok supporter, and Kate loves creative activities.
- Iain & Lara Kruger (Bosch PM)Iain and Lara Kruger live in Claremont. After 8 years in the film industry, Iain moved onto staff at Common Ground, stepping into the role of congregational leader in March 2016. Lara heads up the maths department at Norman Henshilwood High School. They love people and want to see them grow and flourish in God's plan for their lives.
- Don & Heidi (C'berg)Don is employed full time by Common Ground, overseeing the logistics of Constantiaberg AM and providing leadership to the team who oversee Constantiaberg PM. Heidi is a physio at a local primary school in Rondebosch called Vista Nova.
- Andre & Sabrina (Wynberg)Andre and Sabrina live in Plumstead. Andre is involved in NETwork, an organisation focused on training unemployed and underemployed foreigners and locals. Sabrina is a mom, and supports Andre in leading the team.
- Bruce & Natasha (Durbanville)Bruce and Natasha live in Durbanville and have three children. Bruce was one of the lead pastors of Generations Church before it became Common Ground.
- Luke and Lauren (South Peninsula)Luke and Lauren have 3 young children: Ben, Bethany and Jack. They work full-time for Common Ground Church.
- Roger and Nicky (Table View)Roger and Nicky love people and love seeing a better day for our city and it's people.
- Paul & Lee-Ann Maughan (InnerCity)Paul & Lee-Ann Maughan lead the team of InnerCity leaders. Paul, a qualified chartered accountant, lectures occasionally at the UCT Graduate School of Business. Lee-Ann works at Common Ground Church. Their family includes Patrick, Joanna and Sophia.