Meet the Leaders
One thing we have learnt as a church is that ministry is not meant to be carried alone, and because of this we place huge value on working in team. Leaders, staff and volunteers, we all operate in team. This allows us to draw on a bigger pool of strengths and wisdom when making decisions and also creates and environment of greater accountability.
Iain and Lara Kruger live in Claremont. After 8 years in the film industry, Iain moved onto staff at Common Ground, stepping into the role of congregational leader in March 2016. Lara heads up the maths department at Norman Henshilwood High School. They love people and want to see them grow and flourish in God’s plan for their lives.
- Richard and RenéRichard and René got married in 2014 and find their home in Pinelands. Richard is an energetic CA and lecturer in the College of Accounting at UCT, while René keeps the creative juices flowing as a graphic designer.
- Brett & AliBrett and Ali live in Rondebosch and have two little girls; Sienna and Taylor. Brett works for a management consulting firm and Ali is a qualified Occupational Therapist who is currently a full time mom. They love people, music and travelling.
- Tim & LeslieTim and Leslie are both involved with Common Good and are passionate about seeing people thrive and flourish through the transforming power of the gospel. They have two adult sons, James and William, and they love living in Cape Town.
- Sam & GarthGarth works on Base as a full time pastor at Bosch PM and Sam is head of product at a digital agency. They love finding great breakfast spots, hosting new and old friends in their home and any opportunity for a braai.
- Murray & JacquiMurray works as an engineer and Jacqui is full time at home with their 1 year old son Tom. They’re passionate about seeing the good news of Christ impact families and how the poor and marginalized are treated in society. They both love walks in the outdoors and spending quality time over home made meals with friends and family.
- Roger & CatherineCatherine is a conveyancer and attorney in general litigation with a special interest in IVF and Education law. She loves spending time with friends in authentic life giving relationships and gives much of her time to connecting with people. Roger is involved in the leadership of companies involved in the food processing and retail industry. He loves a proper braai and a game of touch rugby.
- Ian and TammyIan and Tammy met at Common Ground while both studying at UCT. Ian heads up the South African office of a law firm and Tammy runs the human resource division of an education company. They are parents to two daughters. They love Cape Town and being part of what God is doing in the city.